Position: Adjunct Child and Family Social Worker– Part-time, Contractual
Social Work Solutions Canada (SWSC) is looking for skilled social workers in children’s mental health to join our dynamic team. We are currently seeking an experienced child and family mental health therapist who can provide direct care to children and adolescents while also working with parents and families. SWSC is an established provider and leader in mental health, trauma and grief counselling services in Hamilton and surrounding geographic regions. We are looking for like-minded professionals to join our work family.
At SWSC we provide innovative office and online counselling. You will be expected to deliver service in accordance with SWSC policies and procedures and professional practice standards. Successful Candidates will report to Dr. Christina Harrington, RSW or other Associate staff as appointed.
The prospective candidate will display the values of Social Work Solutions Canada and have a demonstrated history of a strong work ethic. This position will fulfill the role of a direct counselling clinician providing assessment, clinical interventions, group facilitation, inter-professional collaboration and systems navigation.
We offer excellent remuneration and a supportive, cohesive work environment with flexible in hours.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessment of the child’s clinical and psychosocial needs
- Prioritize urgency and acuity of clinical need
- Counselling based on individualized treatment plans
- Facilitation of group psychoeducational/ therapy groups
- Timely documentation based on professional standards and varied specific sector requirements
- Systems navigation and/or facilitating access to other health care providers and community organizations
- Advocacy and communications with school settings, educators, and para-educators, if deemed appropriate
- Provision of evidence-based counselling within our organizational Mission, Vision and Values
- Inter-professional, inter-agency and community relationship building and collaboration
- Maintain a minimum of 150 billable, clinical hours per year
- Participate in mentorship with an assigned Associate staff member
- Participate in team meetings and the marketing activities of the business
- Minimum five years clinical experience; MSW preferred (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Proof of registration in good standing with Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Workers
- Candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of professional liability insurance
- Must demonstrate strong assessment and treatment skills with children, adolescents and their families.
- Completion of a Vulnerable Person Sector reference check is required on hire
- Expertise working with children experiencing symptoms of low mood, trauma, anxiety and bereavement
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and continuing education
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated comfort and ability to write formal reports.
- Experience in Play Therapy an asset
- Experience in Emotion Focused parenting an asset
- Demonstrated ability to tolerate ambiguity and display strong problem-solving abilities.
- Commitment to evidence-based and evidence-generating clinical practice
- Flexibility in working hours is required, with some evenings and possibly weekends
- Candidate displays responsibility and commitment to client service and to the reputation of SWSC.
- Able to engage in self-reflective practice and adjust approach as necessary to meet the needs of clients
At SWSC we offer a “family” style approach to care of our team and clients. You can expect to work in a supportive environment with support for personal and professional growth.
Compensation: Commences at $50/hr with room to grow within the company
Deadline to apply is March 7th, 2021 (midnight EST).
Those interested in applying are invited to submit their resume and covering letter as a PDF on or before March 7th, 2021.
Attention to: Dr. Christina Harrington, RSW
By e-mail at email@example.com
Indicate Subject Line: Child and Family Social Worker
We thank all who apply however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.