Social Work Solutions Canada (SWSC) is celebrating our 10th year of client service. We are seeking like-minded professionals to join our team.SWSC is an established provider of mental health and neuro-rehabilitation counselling services in Hamilton and surrounding regions. We provide innovative, client focused and evidence- based counselling, in office and community, for individuals, families and groups.Our successful candidate will be a skilled, Masters level social worker who is: client centred; displays drive; has a demonstrated history of commitment to practice and, a strong work ethic. This provider will fulfill the role of primary clinician and conduct bio-psychosocial assessments, provision of direct clinical interventions, group facilitation, interprofessional collaboration and systems navigation.
You will be expected to deliver service in accordance with SWSC policies, procedures and professional practice standards. Our team reports to Dr. Christina Harrington, Registered Social Worker and all are engaged in mandatory clinical supervision.We offer excellent remuneration and a supportive, cohesive work environment with flexible work hours.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessment of individual clinical and psychosocial needs, urgency and acuity
- Provision of evidence-based counselling within our organizational model and philosophy
- Counselling based on individualized treatment plans
- Timely communication and documentation based on professional standards and varied sector-specific requirements
- Inter-professional, inter-agency and community relationship building and collaboration
- Facilitation of psychoeducational / therapy groups
- Systems navigation and/or facilitating access to other health care providers and community organizations / resources
- Participation in continuous quality improvement
- A passionate commitment to client service
- An adherence to practice that supports and promotes the reputation of SWSC
- Minimum education: Master’s degree in Social Work and 5 years post-MSW clinical experience; (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Proof of registration in good standing with Ontario College of Social Work and Social Service Workers
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and access to reliable personal transportation for home visits
- Candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of professional liability insurance
- Expertise working with people experiencing symptoms of low mood, trauma, anxiety, bereavement and acquired brain injury
- Knowledge and experience working in relation to Statutory Accident Benefits and this rehabilitation sector is preferred
- Experience in addictions counselling is an asset
- Demonstrated strong assessment and treatment skills. Must be willing to engage in relevant additional training
- Able to engage in self-reflective practice and adjust treatment approach as necessary to meet client needs
- Demonstrated ability to tolerate ambiguity and display strong problem-solving abilities
- Commitment to evidence-based and evidence-generating clinical practice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to write formal reports
- Working knowledge of community resources is required. Knowledge of Personal Health Information and Privacy Act, Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act, Statutory Accident Benefits Legislation and other applicable legislation, an asset.
- Flexibility in working hours is required - days, evenings and weekends based on client need
Deadline for application is March 8, 2019
Those interested in applying are invited to submit their resume and covering letter on or before March 8, 2019 to:
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.